follow us on twitter   follow us on facebook  


Email Page Print Page

Research: Sawmill Database

Alpha-Numeric Key: TI-2
Corporate Name: Anderson Supply Company
Local Name:
Owner Name: Anderson Supply Company with A. C. Anderson
Location: Box 611, 1430 North Jefferson at Mount Pleasant
County: Titus
Years in Operation: 18 years
Start Year: 1941
End Year: 1958
Decades: 1940-1949,1950-1959
Period of Operation: 1941 to 1958
Town: Mount Pleasant
Company Town: 2
Peak Town Size: 6,342 in 1950
Mill Pond:
Type of Mill: Pine lumber and millwork
Sawmill Pine Sawmill Hardwood Sawmill Cypress Sawmill
Planer Planer Only Shingle Paper
Plywood Cotton Grist Unknown
Other
Power Source: Unknown
Horse Mule Oxen Water
Water Overshot Water Turbine Diesel Unknown
Pit Steam Steam Circular Steam Band
Gas Electricity Other
Maximum Capacity: 
Capacity Comments: Unknown
Produced:
Rough Lumber Planed Lumber Crossties Timbers
Lathe Ceiling Unknown Beading
Flooring Paper Plywood Particle Board
Treated Other
Equipment: Sawmill
Company Tram:
Associated Railroads: Unknown
Historicial Development: The Anderson Supply Company at Mount Pleasant appeared in the Nelson T. Samson edition of 1957 of the Directory of Wood-Using and Related Industries in East Texas. The Directory of Texas Manufacturers 1956-1958 reported that the company began in 1941. By 1957, A. C. Anderson owned the plant, which employed less than twenty-five workers and produced pine lumber and millwork.
Research Date: MCJ 04-20-96
Prepared By: M. Johnson