follow us on twitter   follow us on facebook  


Email Page Print Page

Research: Sawmill Database

Alpha-Numeric Key: TR-10
Corporate Name: Frank Hall
Local Name:
Owner Name: Frank Hall
Location: Trinity
County: Trinity
Years in Operation: 6 years
Start Year: 1880
End Year: 1885
Decades: 1880-1889
Period of Operation: About 1880 to 1885
Town: Trinity
Company Town: 2
Peak Town Size: Unknown
Mill Pond:
Type of Mill: Lumber
Sawmill Pine Sawmill Hardwood Sawmill Cypress Sawmill
Planer Planer Only Shingle Paper
Plywood Cotton Grist Unknown
Other
Power Source: Unknown
Horse Mule Oxen Water
Water Overshot Water Turbine Diesel Unknown
Pit Steam Steam Circular Steam Band
Gas Electricity Other
Maximum Capacity: 
Capacity Comments: Unknown
Produced:
Rough Lumber Planed Lumber Crossties Timbers
Lathe Ceiling Unknown Beading
Flooring Paper Plywood Particle Board
Treated Other
Equipment: Sawmill
Company Tram:
Associated Railroads: Unknown
Historicial Development: Frank Hall, according to the History of Trinity, Texas, owned a mill “a few years after Mr. Carter.” The Carter referred to is W. T. Carter, the son of John Joseph Carter, both of whom had operated a mill about four and a half miles north of Riverside for almost fifteen years, about 1866 to 1881. Hall, then, would have been running his sawmill some time during the years of 1875 to 1885.
Research Date: MCJ 02-22-96
Prepared By: M Johnson