top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

J. V. Lankford

J. V. Lankford operated sawmills at various sites in Angelina County for more than thirty years: just north and east of Redland in 1907 and 1908 at Davisville; four miles west of Lufkin from 1909 to 1912, at Iron Bridge three miles west of Lufkin from about 1914 to 1917, at Collwood (Hoshall) about 1917, at Manton/Platt from 1918 to 1919, on the Michelli Grant from 1920 to 1934, and at Redland from 1934 to 1941, when he retired. Very little has been recorded about his lumber business.
After J. V. Lankford & Sons of Redland sold their mill at Collwood (also known as Hoshall) to Luke Wright before 1920, Lankford built a mill near the Angelina River. Located on the tracks of the Houston East & West Texas railroad, the Lankford mill operated until 1932, cutting both pine and hardwood. The Texas Fence Company of Lufkin was one of its customers.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

AG

Owner Name

J. V. Lankford

Location

Near the Angelina River, on the Michelli grant

County

Angelina

Years in Operation:

13

Start Year:

1920

End Year:

1932

Decades:

1920-1929,1930-1939

Period of Operation:

1920s to 1932

Town:

Near the Angelina River

Company Town:

2

Peak Town Size:

Unknown

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page