top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

Fisher Brothers Lumber Company

The Fisher Brothers Lumber Company at Alto mill is mentioned in the Galveston Weekly News, April 13, 1893. In 1894, the Fishers mortgaged for $400 to Dilley a 54-inch by 16-foot boiler, revealing the mill had a large base for steam power.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

CK

Owner Name

Fisher Brothers Lumber Company. H. Y. and C. W. Fisher.

Location

Alto: intersection of Fisher and Mill roads

County

Cherokee

Years in Operation:

1

Start Year:

1893

End Year:

1893

Decades:

1890-1899

Period of Operation:

1893

Town:

Alto

Company Town:

2

Peak Town Size:

Unknown

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page