top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

Hillary Lindsey

Doyle Lindsey's mill began in 1950. It was placed about one hundred yards in the woods behind H. T. Lindsey's store on the east side of Highway 69. The area was known as Lindseyville, two miles south of Alto. It began with three men. It later had a post and timber-treating plant across the road. Hillary T. Lindsey, according to Sessions, took over the plant. It had a commissary and houses.
The Directory of Texas Manufacturers, 1956-1958 lists H. A. and Doyle Lindsey as sawmillers at Alto in 1956. The firm was established as partnership in 1938. In 1956, H. A. Lindsey managed operations with less than twenty-five workers making pine and hardwood lumber.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

CK

Owner Name

H. T. Lindsey. Orvil Lindsey. Doyle Lindsey.

Location

Lindseyville, two miles south Alto

County

Cherokee

Years in Operation:

11

Start Year:

1950

End Year:

1960

Decades:

1930-1939,1940-1949,1950-1959,1960-1969

Period of Operation:

1950 to 1960

Town:

Lindseyville, two miles south Alto

Company Town:

1

Peak Town Size:

Alto: 1,021 in 1950 Census

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page