Banita Manufacturing Co.
Maps in the East Texas Research Center of Stephen F. State University locate both Banita Mfg. Co and Ireson Bros. Planing Mill on Bremond Street, south of Pilar Street, in Nacogdoches.
County records reveal that J. W. Ireson bought some land on Hospital Street in 1889 from N. G. Wade, in Lot 7 Block 2, of Nacogdoches. Ireson & Co bought a steam boiler and engine and a Hays & Bro planer in February 1896. The Daily Phone, on July 26, 1899, noted an accident at the Ireson Brothers planing mill, where Arthur Ireson suffered “an ugly gash” on his chin. A deed of trust in 1902 to Wettermark & Son notes that A. B. and J. W. Ireson mortgaged property, including .8 acres of land west of Houston East & West Texas, including houses, sheds, a 20-horsepower steam engine and boiler, sanders, saws, planer, matcher, and lathe In 1901, the local newspaper mentioned that Banita Manufacturing Company had a lumber yard and a plant, which produced mould and doors and all kinds of mill work and store fronts in Nacogdoches.
The company was not listed in the 1907 Reference Book of the Lumbermen's Credit Association.
Mill Details
Alpha Numeric Key:
NA
Owner Name
Banita Manufacturing Co. (Bonita), Ireson Brothers, proprietors
Location
On Bremond Street, west of Pilar Street in Nacogdoches
County
Nacogdoches
Years in Operation:
17
Start Year:
1890
End Year:
1906
Decades:
1890-1899,1900-1909
Period of Operation:
1890 to 1906
Town:
Nacogdoches
Company Town:
0
Peak Town Size:
1827 in 1905
Mill Pond:
0
