L. P. Sawyer and J. W. Suggs
P. C. Post's prior mill to the one at Hallsville (later 1890s to about 1910) was located about ten miles southwest of Marshall. Post sold it to Sawyer & Suggs on April 7, 1906. The mill was on land owned by Dr. E. B. Blalock, near the Sabine River. Four months after buying the mill, Sawyer & Suggs mortgaged to Dr. J. H. Pope the following equipment: eighteen oxen, four mules, two horses, three log wagons, a far wagon, four sows, the sawmill with boiler and steam engine, an edger, and blacksmith tools. S&S signed with J. W. Ogburn Lumber Company in 1906 to provide Ogburn with their cut for the following twelve months.
Mill Details
Alpha Numeric Key:
HA
Owner Name
L. P. Sawyer and J. W. Suggs. P. C. Post
Location
Ten miles southwest of Marshall
County
Harrison
Years in Operation:
1
Start Year:
1896
End Year:
1896
Decades:
1890-1899
Period of Operation:
1896
Town:
Southeast of Marshall
Company Town:
2
Peak Town Size:
Unknown
Mill Pond:
2
