top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

Coley's Tie Mill

The Coley & Son Lumber Company at Livingston began in 1954 as a partnership between W. K. and Billy Coley. By 1958, according to the Directory of Texas Manufacturers 1956-1958, the sawmill was producing railroad crossties with a workforce of less than twenty. The mill eventually became known as Coley's Tie Mill. Samson reported that in 1966 the plant produced rough and dressed lumber as well as other items of manufacturing.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

PK

Owner Name

Coley's Tie Mill. Coley & Son Lumber Company with W. K. and Billy Coley.

Location

Livingston

County

Polk

Years in Operation:

13

Start Year:

1954

End Year:

1966

Decades:

1950-1959,1960-1969

Period of Operation:

1954 to 1966

Town:

Livingston

Company Town:

2

Peak Town Size:

2,865 in 1950

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page