top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

International Paper Company

The Henderson Lumber Manufacturing Co, originally operations of Jones & Stephens and Jones Bros, joined the Southern Pine Association in 1965. Between 1966 and 1973, the number of employees increased from less than fifty to more than sixty employees. Besides using a circular, gang, and band, the facility also had a chipper and a chip-n-saw. Raw material was normally shortleaf pine. The outfit did its own logging. In October, 1967, Henderson Lumber Mfg Co advertised for sale a HF 30 Soderham chipper, a round-log infeed carriage for the gang saw, and a mack grapple.
The International Paper mill at Henderson, according to Rena Jorden, a company public relations specialist, was purchased Henderson Lumber Manufacturing from Bud Holland in May, 1974. Holland had the mill from from C. T. Jones, his father-in-law. In 1993, the company employed 115 workers in its operations, including a chip mill and planing mill. Pine lumber and chips were the primary products. Bob Curries' article in Texas Logger in 1993 revealed that IP was receiving its pine sawlogs from Robertson Logging of Ore City. Currie reported in Texas Logger of September 1993 that Combs Enterprises sends chip-n-saw to the plant.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

RU

Owner Name

International Paper Company with J. P. Creer. Henderson Lumber Mfg Co. with Bud Holland, Owner & Manger. C. T. Jones. Jones Brothers Lumber Company. Jones & Stephens Lumber Company.

Location

Henderson

County

Rusk

Years in Operation:

37

Start Year:

1960

End Year:

1996

Decades:

1960-1969,1970-1979,1980-1989,1990-1999

Period of Operation:

1957 to 1996

Town:

Henderson

Company Town:

2

Peak Town Size:

Unknown

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page