top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

George Wall & Pack

George Wall mortgaged for $185 his one-half interest in the mill to E. A. Blount, a local agricultural and business factor. The location was known as “Tavofur.” By 1891, George W. Wall seemed to own the mill outright. That year he bought from the Tyler Car & Lumber Co. a Chattanooga circular saw (7 & 8 gauge).

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

SA

Owner Name

George Wall

Location

About six or seven miles southeast from San Augustine

County

San Augustine

Years in Operation:

4

Start Year:

1888

End Year:

1891

Decades:

1880-1889,1890-1899

Period of Operation:

1888 to 1891

Town:

“Tavofur”

Company Town:

2

Peak Town Size:

Unknown

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page