top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

T. W. Jeans & Son

The Jeans (also spelled “Jeanes”) Brothers had a sawmill and family general store at Bronson, earlier known as Swannville, adjacent to the tracks. They also had a sawmill about four miles south, which was in the area later known as Rush. The Reference Book of the Lumbermen's Credit Association, January 1905 states the family had mills at Swannville and Bronson.
The Beaumont Enterprise, in April 1905, confirms the Jeans' Rush mill, noting until a new post office would be established at Rush, all postal service for Rush's inhabitants would be handled at the Pineland office. The Southern Industrial and Lumber Review reported the mill was producing 40,000 feet daily in 1906 but lists the mill in error at Bronson. The Reference Book edition of 1907 still carries no listings for Rush, but does note the T. W Jeans & Son sawmill at Bronson.
The T. W. Jeanes & Son firm was taxed by the county from 1907 to 1910.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

SB

Owner Name

Tom and Will Jeans & Son

Location

Rush, five miles south of Bronson and west of tracks

County

Sabine

Years in Operation:

6

Start Year:

1904

End Year:

1909

Decades:

1900-1909,1910-1919

Period of Operation:

1904 to 1910

Town:

Rush

Company Town:

2

Peak Town Size:

Unknown

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page