top of page
C. E. Sanford & Son
The earliest report of C. E. Sanford is found in the American Lumberman of 1901, reporting that fire had burned five of his dry kilns at a cost of $1,500. Morris & Sanford were operating the planing mill in 1905. Sanford & Son were operating a sawmill business and running a commissary at Timpson in 1928.
Mill Details
Alpha Numeric Key:
SH
Owner Name
C. E. Sanford & Son. Sanford & Morris.
Location
Timpson
County
Shelby
Years in Operation:
28
Start Year:
1901
End Year:
1928
Decades:
1900-1909,1910-1919,1920-1929
Period of Operation:
1901 to 1928
Town:
Timpson
Company Town:
1
Peak Town Size:
978 in 1905; 7000 in 1928
Mill Pond:
2
Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page
