top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

W. M. Waterman

In 1903, T. W. Grammer and V. F. Hayes were the foreman and engineer, respectively. In 1905, W W Waterman sold an interest in his mill to the Vandervant Lumber Company of Kansas City, MO, for an investment of $85,000. Additionally, “The new company will build a new planer at Waterman, a station to be established on the Texas and Gulf Railroad (the Waterman tram road), 16 miles south of Timpson, a few miles E of the Attoyac River.” By 1909, the company had an electric light plant and telephone system to Waterman.
Eventually, the lumber plant consisted of the sawmill, the planing mill, a boiler house, powerhouse, a machine ship, water works, electric light plant, houses, buildings, structures, and steam machinery.
Reference Book of the Lumbermen's Credit Association, January 1907 listed the company as at Waterman with a reference to Timpson. It was not listed in the 1915 Directory of American Sawmills , but another Waterman Lumber company subsidiary, Dierks Lumber & Coal Company, was listed at Waterman.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

SH

Owner Name

W. M. Waterman

Location

Timpson

County

Shelby

Years in Operation:

8

Start Year:

1902

End Year:

1909

Decades:

1900-1909

Period of Operation:

1902 to about 1909

Town:

Outside of Timpson

Company Town:

1

Peak Town Size:

978 in 1905

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page