top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

Texas & Oklahoma Lumber Company

Texas and Oklahoma Lumber Company, chartered at Tyler, Texas, bought the mills of E. C. Williams and S. J. Mingo on 22 June 1889. Equipment included Mill No. 1: the sawmill, a 12-inch by 20-inch Kingsland and Ferguson steam engine, a 60-foot flue boiler and #3 rival pumps, carriage, headblocks, and gang edger; Mill No.2: a 12-inch by 20-inch Kingsland and Ferguson steam engine, two boilers, etc; other 12-inch by 20-inch and 12-inch by 24-inch steam engines; and thirty-seven work oxen. D. L. Neal gave Texas and Oklahoma Lumber Company in 1889 a right of way across his land located between the company mill at the fork of Lilly and Cypress Creeks and the Cotton Belt tracks at Roberts Switch.
Texas & Oklahoma Lumber Company was cutting 35,000 feet daily at Gilmer in 1893.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

UP

Owner Name

Texas & Oklahoma Lumber Company - E.C. Williams and S. N. Mingo

Location

East of Bettie at intersection of Bluebonnet Road and Lilly Creek

County

Upshur

Years in Operation:

5

Start Year:

1889

End Year:

1893

Decades:

1880-1889,1890-1899

Period of Operation:

1889 to 1893

Town:

East of Bettie

Company Town:

1

Peak Town Size:

Unknown

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page