J. R. Marham & Co.
William McKay gave a four year lease to J. R. Marham & Co to cut pine, oak, and gum ten inches in diameter at the stump on land located about four and a half miles north of Gilmer. The company had the right to erect a sawmill and housing on the land, but when the company quit the land it would have to leave the buildings in place. J. L. Marham & Co. took a four-year lease from J. S. Barnwell and F. S. Eberhart on standing pine, gum and oak timber located about six miles north of Gilmer on the William King headright survey. The company had an option to build a mill; all improvements, however, would revert to Barnwell and Eberhart at the end of the lease.
Mill Details
Alpha Numeric Key:
UP
Owner Name
J. R. Marham & Co. William McKay J. S. Barnwell and F. S. Eberhart
Location
From four to six miles north of Gilmer on William King headright survey
County
Upshur
Years in Operation:
1
Start Year:
1906
End Year:
1906
Decades:
1900-1909
Period of Operation:
1906
Town:
North of Gilmer
Company Town:
1
Peak Town Size:
Unknown
Mill Pond:
2
