top of page
TFM_Logo_Yellow.png

S. J. Shaver

The Shaver sawmill was operating at Crockett in 1934. S. J. Shaver was active in the timber business a decade earlier. In 1926, a Houston County bill of sale recorded that Shaver and W C. Ingram had sold all of their timber to Day Lumber and Timber Company. The Directory of Texas Manufacturers listed the S. J. Shaver mill as located at Latexo in 1938 and 1941.

Mill Details

Alpha Numeric Key:

HO

Owner Name

S. J. Shaver and W. C. Ingram

Location

Crockett, possibly several miles north at Latexo

County

Houston

Years in Operation:

8

Start Year:

1934

End Year:

1941

Decades:

1930-1939,1940-1949

Period of Operation:

1934 to 1941

Town:

Crockett, possibly at Latexo

Company Town:

2

Peak Town Size:

2612 in 1905; 9000 in 1928; 4441 in 1934

Mill Pond:

2

Mill Type
Product
Power Source
bottom of page