Harrisburg Lumber Company
The Harrisburg Lumber Company at Houston was listed in the Reference Book of the Lumbermen's Credit Association, January 1907. The Southern Industrial and Lumber Review reported that seven sawmills operated along Buffalo Bayou in 1908. The Harrisburg Lumber Company has been operating for twelve years although the new owners had been been around for only one. Officers were S E. McAshe, president; J. B. Neuhaus, vice-president; S A. McAshane, secretary and general manager. The plant had a circular saw and two planing machines. The daily cut in board feet was 25,000. Two of the five dry kilns had been destroyed by fire. Logging was done on the San Jacinto River. Thirty men were employed by the company.
Mill Details
Alpha Numeric Key:
HR
Owner Name
Harrisburg Lumber Company
Location
Houston
County
Harris
Years in Operation:
13
Start Year:
1896
End Year:
1908
Decades:
1890-1899,1900-1909
Period of Operation:
1896 to 1908
Town:
Houston
Company Town:
0
Peak Town Size:
44,633 in 1907
Mill Pond:
1
