Texas & Louisiana Lumber Company
The Texas and Louisiana Lumber Company of Houston was organized in 1902. Sole owners were J. C. Means, J. S. Bonner, R. W. Wier, and J. F. Helms. G. M. Duncan assumed Wier's position after Wier left the firm. Little has survived of the business' history, but an article which appeared in the July 1905 issue of Southern Industrial and Lumber Review announced the firm's decision to “go extensively into manufacturing and wholesaling.” Records of the Lumbermen's Credit Association, however, do not list the company as manufacturers, either in 1905 or 1907. Surviving letterheads of the business also give little indication of the company being a manufacturer, but they do reveal that the company at least controlled the output of five Texas mills in 1907. One of these mills was at Humble. But according to the Lumbermen's Credit Association records, the only mill at Humble in 1905 and 1907 was a planing mill of C. Bender and Sons. It is possible that this mill was a Texas and Louisiana Lumber Company contract mill.
Mill Details
Alpha Numeric Key:
HR
Owner Name
Kelsay Lumber Corp. Texas & Louisiana Lumber Company with J. C. Means, president; J. S. Bonner, vice president; R. W. Wier, secretary; J. F. Helms, treasurer.
Location
Humble
County
Harris
Years in Operation:
1
Start Year:
1907
End Year:
1907
Decades:
1900-1909
Period of Operation:
Mill appeared on 1907 company letterheads
Town:
Humble
Company Town:
2
Peak Town Size:
Unknown
Mill Pond:
2
