Charles L. Kelty tram road
The Lufkin Daily News, in 1940, narrated the history of the Kelty tram road: �The first logging railroad in Angelina County was built by Charles L. Kelty, who operated a small sawmill at Keltys, Texas. It was four miles long, extending from the Kelty mill to Boiler Spring, about four miles southwest of Lufkin near what is now the Old Union Church, to a dense stand of timber.�
Code
183
Corporate Name:
Corporate Name:
Folk Name:
Incorporated:
Ownership:
Charles L. Kelty and W. H. Bonner
Years of Operation:
1880s
Track Type:
Track Type:
Track Length:
Four
Locations Served:
Keltys
Angelina
Counties of Operation:
Angelina
Line Connections:
Line Connections:
Track Information:
Track Information:
Equipment:
History:
The Lufkin Daily News, in 1940, narrated the history of the Kelty tram road: �The first logging railroad in Angelina County was built by Charles L. Kelty, who operated a small sawmill at Keltys, Texas. It was four miles long, extending from the Kelty mill to Boiler Spring, about four miles southwest of Lufkin near what is now the Old Union Church, to a dense stand of timber.�